1. Drop items which increase your HP/Mana before healing or regenerating mana. Pick them up again after regen. This will increase the actual amount you regenned (e.g. you have 400/750 HP and a Vitality Booster. Drop it and your HP becomes 400/500, drink a Salve to make it 500/500 and pick the item up for 750/750. )
2. Urn heal doesn't stack with Tango or Salve heal
3. Casting the positive Urn buff (healing) on a unit that has the negative one negates both effects (0 HP lost)
4. Due to the damage mechanic of Pudge's Rot, both the victim and Pudge can heal with Salve/Clarity/etc. while under the effect of level 1/2/3 Rot. Doesn't work with level 4 though.
5. Repeatedly selecting your hero while healing at the fountain doesn't make him/her heal faster.
Some tips on using Ghost Scepter
Ghost Scepter's prone magic state diminishes all magic resistance bonuses, i.e. Planeswalker's Cloak.
Here's a list of spells, which are negated by Ghost Scepter (this also applies to units under Pugna's Decripify and Ethereal Blade's Banish):
Admiral Proudmoore Tidebringer - deals no damage
Alchemist Acid Spray and Unstable Concoction deal no damage, all of their other effects apply
Ancient Apparition Disables Ice Blast's killing blow
Axe Counter Helix - deals no damage; disables Culling Blade's killing blow, deals listed damage
Beastmaster Wild Axes - deal no damage
Bristleback Quill Spray - deals no damage, but spell counter still works
Broodmother Spawn Spiderlings - can't be targetted on Decripified heroes
Butcher Meat Hook - moves and pauses, no damage dealt
Chaos Knight Reality Rift - moves unit, no damage dealt
Earthshaker Echo Slam - no damage dealt (!)
Geomancer Earthbind - no effect, dispelled if Scepter is used by target after been Ensnared
Goblin Techies Land Mines - no damage dealt; Suicide Squad, Attack! - no damage dealt
Holy Knight Penitence - slow works, damage amplification does not
Juggernaut Bladefury - no damage dealt; Omnislash - no damage dealt, just mini-stun (!)
Moon Rider Moon Glaive - unable to target directly, does not bounce onto Decripified unit
Naga Siren Ensnare - no effect, dispelled if Scepter is used by target after been Ensnared
Netherdrake Corrosive Skin - no damage, just slow applies; Viper Strike - no initial damage, slow and duration damage applies
Phantom Assassin Stifling Dagger - no damage, just slow applies; Phantom Strike - Blink works, no damage
Queen of Pain Shadow Strike - no initial damage, slow and duration damage applies
Shadow Priest Poison Touch - no damage, slow and mini-stun applies
Spiritbreaker Charge of Darkness - charge works normally, no stun upon reaching the target
Stealth Assassin Blink Strike - Blink works, no damage
image Earth Splitter - deals 0.7x damage which is applied before all other reductions
Tidehunter Anchor Smash - no damage dealt
Tinker Heat Seeking Missile - no damage dealt
Tormented Soul Diabolic Edict - no damage dealt
Undying Soul Rip - cannot be targetted on Decripified unit
Venomancer Venomous Gale - no initial damage, slow and duration damage applies;Poison Nova - if Ghost Scepter is activated after you are hit by it, it is dispelled. If you get hit by it during Ethereal Form, you receive +40% damage.
As Pugna's second attack is Magic type, it is possible to attack Decripified units if you have Sange/Sange and Yasha/Desolator/Orb of Slow. However, you will not deal extra damage (your attack is resisted by magic resistance, which by default is 75%).
Fun Facts about Force Staff
1. Double-clicking Force Staff will push you in the direction you are facing.
2. Using Force Staff while Batrider has caught an enemy with Flaming Lasso will not break it.
3. Using Force Staff on Wisp will push him in a random direction.
4. You can use Force Staff to easily escape while Enigma has you in Black Hole.
5. When you are channeling Sand Storm with Sand King and Force Staff is used onto you, the position of the hero changes, but the visual effect remains the same. Also applies to meat hook.
6. You can use force Staff on channeling spells like black hole and freezing storm.
Some Random DotA Facts
- By silencing Rikimaru you make him visible. Rikimaru will stay visible as long as he is silenced.
- Focus Fire(Windrunner) can hit invisible enemy units if Windrunner uses it before the enemy goes invisible.*
- Armlet can be activated and placed on SpiritBear(LoneDruid's pet) without it suffering any degen. It will not gain any strength, but it will gain all the other benefits.
- Two separate permanent invisibility will allow the unit to attack and cast spells without revealing itself. This can be easily reproduced in DotA using a combination of Mirana's ultimate with either Stealth Assassin's ultimate or Broodmother's web.
- Although Zeus' Thundergod's Wrath hits all the enemy heroes, and have true sight, it can't damage isolated invisible enemies (eg. Rikimaru, Broodmother in web).
- Fog of war updates every .4 seconds. So if you Blink into the fog and use echo slam/Qop scream/heat seeking missle too early, you will miss due to the fact you haven't seen the enemy yet.
- When Huskar and Necro's ulti are both boosted by sceptre, it is possible to instant kill anyone.
- Medusa's split shot uses a bear form spell as base with a transformation time of 0.1 seconds just like Troll Warlord, because of that you are also able to dodge disables with switching it on/off.
(For those who doesn't know, you can avoid storm bolt or any similar skills with Troll's transformation, and so do Medusa)
[Added fact to the transformation technique: That fact is also the same for Alchemist's Chemical Rage transformation]
- Dark Seer can auto cast Surge. Right-click Surge to activate auto cast.
- Leap came from a "Windwalk" skill so having a gem makes Mirana impossible to dogde stuns
- You can still regen from consumables like Healing Salve when you've Astral Imprisoned yourself
(Heal, astral, profit!)
- Cyrstal Maiden's Frosbite lasts for 10 seconds on creeps level 5 or lower.
- You can cast purge to free yourself from Treant Protector Overgrowth roots.
This also works on allied units.
- Sven's Storm Bolt cannot be escaped except when using manta in correct timing.
- Blade Fury + TP = Escape
- You can use enchant to control illusions, Morphling's Replicate, and creeps (neutral, normal, Chen's creeps)
- 4 Manta Stacking = 8 illusions
- Lothar's Edge will not cancel Channeling Spells (Even TPs)
- Diffusal’s Purge can be used to destroy Gyrocopter’s Homing Missile.
- Ghost Form can avoid Techies’ land mines and suicide damage.
- Rylai’s aura stops working when she is invisible.
- Broodmother's spiderlings' spawn spiderlite ability to works on allied creeps too.
- Shadow Priest's Shallow Grave does Not prevent Axe's Culling Blade (also true for Yurnero's Bladefury).
- Storm Spirit can use spells during Ball Lightning.
- Silencer's Curse of the Silent can be cancelled by using tango.
- Sand King's Epicenter doesn't cancel when using Shiva's Guard while casting Epicenter/
- Viscous Nasal Goo and Ensnare dispel consumables like Healing Salve.
- Wrath of God doesn't work with Sand King's Sandstorm.
- While Lanaya has Refraction, try buffing him Apotic shield, instead of Lanaya dispelling damage with Refract, she will heal when she is attacked.
- Gem of True Sight works also on its carrier's illusions.
- Magnus' Empower and Rooftrellen's Living Armor can be used to remove Atropos' Enfeeble.
- You can use Sunder on illusions.
- Puck can blink out of Chronosphere if he is phased at the time it is cast.
- You can stop a Techies from suiciding by using decrepify or ethereal blade.
- You can use any active item in Yurnero's Omnislash (ex. Dagon, Lothars, TP, Guinsoo, Dagger, etc) same mechanic is also true for Morplhling's Waveform and Void's Timewalk.
[Imagine casting Dagon while doing Omnislash(!)]
- Chaos Knight's reality rift cannot cancel channeling spells.
- Rooftrellen's Sentinel (Owl) can be moved by Force Staff*
- Lanaya's Psi Blades can splash damage dealt from Dagon, Radiance, etc. as long as the damage source is Lanaya. This can be achieved by damaging the attacked target before Lanaya's projectile hits the target.*
- You can purge units out Decripify.*
- Rot will not do any damage to Pudge when he is invisible.
- Units can be purged out of Hex state.
- Global silence stops Juggernaut's Bladefury. So does Doom and Grappling Hook.*
- Ghost Form and Black King Bar's Avatar Mode stacks(!) How? By using Ethereal Blade, activate BKB first then cast Ether Blast.*
- Creeps have a movement speed of 325.
-Being in a 1000 area of a dying enemy hero will award you bonus reliable gold as well as bonus experience.
_Many spells have the buff icons only for animation, when removed they will not affect the skills's functionality.
_If a unit is hit by Avalanche and then Tossed, they can be hit a second time by Avalanche if they land back in its AoE before it ends.
_Lycanthrope in Wolf form (Shapeshift) cannot be slowed by any spell, including Purge.
_Goblin Techies cannot use Suicide Squad Attack! while under the effects of banishment such as Pugna's Decrepify or Ether Blast from Ethereal Blade.
_You can shoot elune's arrow on mirana's ass if you target it on his back (in the hero's picture..below the game screen). If you use Sandking, borrowstrike will pop out opposite his base (if scourge and facing the scourge base, borrowstrike will pop out on his back.)
_Pugna can attack Ethereal units if he is equipped with Sange, SnY, Maelstrom, Mjollnir or Desolator Pugna.
_Rubick's Null Field effect stacks with spell resistant skills and items
_If timed properly, Clinkz can avoid and be immune to stun(Magic Missile, Elune's Arrow etc.) by casting Windwalk.
_Ghost scepter cancels venomancer's poison nova if cast after being affected.